Richway Industries Snapshot

Richway Industries makes a variety of products, ranging from cellular concrete equipment to foam markers for agricultural and turf spraying. Learn more at the Richway website: http://www.richway.com

Normally published every Friday

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Eyes of the Eagle




I have been fascinated by bald eagles for quite some time.  Ten years ago, when designing our new house, I did not want the overhang on the back porch (overlooking the river) to be too great so "I would be able to see the eagles."  Mission accomplished.  In the winter, when the leaves are gone from the trees, we see eagles nearly every day.  In the summer, we only see eagles when we are not under the trees.

My college friend, Burt, and his wife Marilyn, "retired to Iowa" after 40 years in the Dallas area. (They are both Iowa natives, with family here, including their daughter.)  They live very near the Mississippi River and Burt spends time every winter photographing eagles, primarily near Lock & Dam 14.  Over the last few years, he has sent me some great eagle pictures, but this one may be the best.  It appeared in my email on Friday the 13th (of December).  It is with his permission that I publish it.  After a career as a software developer, he has become an advanced photographer and eagle expert.  The eyes on the original that he sent me really caught my attention, especially when I enlarged it on my tablet.







-30-

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment