Richway Industries Snapshot

Richway Industries makes a variety of products, ranging from cellular concrete equipment to foam markers for agricultural and turf spraying. Learn more at the Richway website: http://www.richway.com

Normally published every Friday

Friday, December 27, 2013

Eagles and Artists

We have been lucky to have become acquainted with two superb artists this fall, one in Florida and the other right here in Janesville, Iowa.  Both specialize in carving, but from what I have seen are talented in other media as well.   I have seen drawings, paintings, etc from both of them.  

Here is a life sized eagle carved from a log by Terry Dengler of Janesville.  This was commissioned by my wife as a Christmas gift for me.  I am most pleased, as you might guess by reading my blog post of two weeks ago.  I am not happy with my photo, as it does not really capture the piece very well. 

To the right is a Tiki which Mike Bryan of Palm Bay, Florida carved for us and we gave to one of our daughters for Christmas.  Again, the photo is not the best.

Both Mike and Terry are experimenting with a new carving medium right now and I will let you know about it within a few weeks.    Oh yeah, for big pieces like these, they do most of their work with a chainsaw!

Below is an eagle in a tree across the river from my house, which I photographed a few days ago using Canon SX50 which has a 50X optical zoom.  A tripod is a necessity.
























       -30-







No comments:

Post a Comment